Link Selector: an easier way to embed SoftChalk lessons in your LMS
SoftChalk has just announced a new tool that makes it easier to embed SoftChalk lessons into your LMS (learning management system) courses. This new tool, “SoftChalk Link Selector”, is now available for both Canvas and Brightspace LMS platforms. (Blackboard and Moodle, and other LMS versions are coming soon!) If you have a SoftChalk Cloud account, SoftChalk Link Selector is free for you to use!
What’s new about this tool?
- For faculty: Link Selector makes it easier to place your SoftChalk Cloud content into your LMS course. No need to copy and paste lesson links. The Link Selector tool lets you browse your SoftChalk Cloud content from within your LMS course. Just point and click to select the SoftChalk lessons to embed in your LMS course.
You can embed both scored (content that reports a grade into the LMS gradebook) and unscored SoftChalk content.
- For students: Link Selector improves the display of embedded SoftChalk content in your LMS course—embedded content displays in a more responsive way and enables a larger viewport for students to see and interact with the content.
SoftChalk Link Selector is an LTI™* (Learning Tools Interoperability) tool—this means your LMS admin will need to perform a one-time setup of the tool in your school’s LMS and make it available for instructors to use.
For a quick look at how the new Link Selector tool works in Canvas, see these short videos:SoftChalk lessons in Canvas, please visit our website.
If you’re the Brightspace admin, setup information can be found in the ‘SoftChalk Brightspace by D2L Integration Guide’.
For a quick look at how the new Link Selector tool works in Brightspace, see these short videos:
- Track Scores into the Brightspace Gradebook
- Link a Lesson into Brightspace
- Embed a lesson into Brightspace
For additional information about using SoftChalk lessons in Brightspace, please visit our website.
Blackboard, Moodle, and other LMS users:
The SoftChalk team is currently working on a Link Selector tool that will work with Blackboard, Moodle, and other LTI-enabled learning management systems. Stay tuned to this blog for future updates!
For additional information or assistance, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to assist you!
*LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) is a trademark of IMS Global